(works by and about Shakespeare)
- Complete works of William Shakespeare, The (abridged
- This three-man troupe perform all of Shakespeare's plays in 90 comedic minutes.
- Great performances. Vol. 1
King Lear / Robert Stephens and Adrian Noble -- Coriolanus / Toby Stephens and David Thacker -- A midsummer night's dream / Desmond Barrit and Adrian Noble -- Twelfth night / Desmond Barrit and Ian Judge.
- This program features excerpts from four Royal Shakespeare Company productions : King Lear, Twelfth night, A midsummer night's dream, and Coriolanus. Each segment of the program includes key scenes from the play intertwined with interviews and explanations of the play with both actors and directors.
- Measure for measure
- Cruel Angelo is left in charge of Vienna when the Duke pretends to leave town. He revives an old law against fornication and sentences Claudio to death for seducing Juliet, Claudio's betrothed. Claudio's sister, Isabella, pleads for his life and Angelo offers to spare him in exchange for her virginity. His corruption and severity are punished when the Duke reveals that he has witnessed it all.
- Richard II
- A dramatization of Shakespeare's play, the story of a rebellion against the corrupt Richard II.
- Shakespeare-- the word and the action
Part One: lecture 1. Shakepeare's wavelengths -- lect. 2. The multiple actions of A midsummer night's dream -- lect. 3. The form of Shakespear's sonnets -- lect. 4. Love in Shakespeare's sonnets -- lect. 5. Love and artifice in Love's labor's lost, and Much ado about nothing -- lect. 6. As you like it -- lect. 7. The battles of Henry VI -- lect. 8. Richard III and the renaissance -- Part Two: lect. 9. History and family in Henry VI -- lect. 10. Action in Hamlet -- lect. 11. Coriolanus : the hero alone -- lect. 12. Change in Antony and Cleopatra -- lect. 13. The plot of Cymbeline -- lect. 14. Name and art in The winter's tale -- lect. 15. Three kinds of tempest -- lect. 16. History and Henry VIII.
- Shakespeare tragedies. Origins and style
- Shakespeare tragedies. Othello, Macbeth, King Lear
- Shakespeare tragedies. Titus Andronicus, Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet
- Through 'cutting edge' technology and the use of interactive menus of topics and tests, the tragedies of Shakespeare are studied with immediate feedback in the process of learning.
- Shakespeare--a day at the Globe
- Staging of Shakespeare's plays, The
- The video traces the development of theatrical playing areas in England before Shakespeare, using old maps and engravings as illustrations. He also demonstrates how certain scenes in Shakespeare's plays might have been performed on the adaptable Elizabethan stage.