- Hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and monitoring
- Describes the 3 acute, metabolic complications of diabetes: hypoglycemia, diabetic ketoacidosis, and hypersmolar hyperglycemic state. Illustrates the causes and symptoms of these complications as well as preventive and treatment measures. Presents the importance of blood and urine monitoring to prevent and detect these complications.
- Tracheostomy basic care and advanced care.
Basic care (104.1 DVD) -- Advanced care (104.2 DVD) -- Instructor's guides (104 IG CD-ROM) -- Self-grading tests (104-SGT CD-ROM).
- Demonstrates in real-time routine care of tracheostomy patients and advanced actions including management of emergencies. Also addresses preventive care and the special needs of patients.
- Fall prevention, part 2: prevention strategies and products
RC93.F355 2008 pt.2
- The purpose of this program is to provide nurses with information about the wide variety of preventive strategies and products that can be used to reduce the risk of injury from falls." - from container.