- Click on the title to check availability in our catalog
- Then, click on the Title Info tab to see the format (VHS or DVD) and the running time for the videorecording
- Check videos out in the Media Center on the 2nd of the VC/UHV Library
- Faculty may use our Media Booking Form
- Basic immunology /
- This film explains basic immunology using narration and animation. Discusses cellular components of the immune system, soluble components, tissues, and organs and antigens. Also discusses the immune response to attack.
- Our immune system
- The film explores the anatomy and physiology of both the immune system and its enemies - pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites. In addition, it discusses immunological memory and vaccination; AIDS and autoimmune deseases.
- Understanding osteoarthritis
- Summarizes and explains the nature and course of osteoarthritis, outlines treatments, addresses unproven and folk remedies, and emphasizes the importance of self-management and of support groups.
- Understanding rheumatoid arthritis
- This program summarizes and explains the nature and course of rheumatoid arthritis, outlines treatments, and addresses unproven and folk remedies, and underscores the importance of self-management and of support groups. Viewers are shown how medication, occupational and physiotherapy, nutrition and exercise can relieve their pain, increase their mobility, and improve the quality of their lives despite their disease. The information is presented by medical and allied health professionals, as well as through interviews with people living with rheumatoid arthritis.