- How many computers are there in the Library?
- 36 on the first floor
8 on the second floor
- Do I need anything special to login to one?
- All users must have a library card (campus ID). You use your library barcode and PIN number to login. You can get your campus ID, barcode and PIN at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- Is there a limit to the amount of time I can spend on the computer?
- Students are setup for a 2 hour session, which can be self-extended for another hour. Students can have as many sessions in the day as they need.
- Do you charge for printing?
- We charge 5¢ a page for black and white printouts
and 25¢ for color.
- Can I get to the student drive at Victoria College?
- Not right now. The Library is not presently connected to access student drives at VC, but we are working on it.
- What software is available?
Software Where is It? Microsoft Word 2010 All Library Computers except 2nd floor Media Center Microsoft Access 2010 (See note below) All Library Computers except 2nd floor Media Center Microsoft Publisher 2010 All Library Computers except 2nd floor Media Center Microsoft Power Point 2010 All Library Computers except 2nd floor Media Center Microsoft Excel 2010 All Library Computers except 2nd floor Media Center Adobe Reader 9 All Library Computers Firefox All Library Computers Internet Explorer All Library Computers PhotoShop Elements Media Center -
Roxio CD Creator 5.* All Library Computers Windows Live Messenger 4.* All Library Computers Windows Media Player 10 All Library Computers InterVideo WinDVD Player 4 All Library Computers
In addition, all Library computers support the following plugins:
- Shockwave 11
- Flash Player 9.*
- Real One Player 10.5
- DjVu Browser plugin
- Authorware (free version) 2004
- MyMathLab - required plugins are installed
- Interactive Mathematics - required plugins are installed
Note: Macros are not enabled on Library Computers EXCEPT for Media Center Computers numbers 7 & 8.
- Can I install a program on a Library Computer?
- Securities on the computers do not allow installation. However, Computers 7 & 8 in the Media Center have had the securities lifted to allow installation for student use.
- Which browsers work best with library databases?
- We recommend: