In order to provide a pleasant atmosphere for all, we ask for the following considerations:
Set cell phones to mute or vibrate. Take your phone conversation outside.
No food. Drinks must be in closed containers.
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you still need help, feel free to call at (361)-570-4166 or contact the library online
To obtain a VC/UHV Library borrower's card:
- You must present a valid Texas driver´s license or Texas State issued ID card with a current address that falls within the Victoria College or University of Houston-Victoria service areas.
- High school students may be issued a card if they present a valid Texas driver’s license or state ID card with an address that falls within the service area or a current high school photo ID. Exceptions should be referred to the Reference Desk for evaluation or temporary privileges.
- There is a replacement fee of $3.00 for a lost borrower's card.
- We do not issue borrower's cards to children below the ninth grade.
- Apply for your borrower's card at the Library Circulation desk.
New borrower's are limited to one (1) item for the first thirty (30) days. The loan period of that item is determined by the loan period for material types. After 30 days, you may borrow up to three (3) items at a time. A summary of loan periods appears below:
|Main Collection & Local History
|Children's (Juvenile) Collection
|Multimedia Collection & Curriculum Collection
||7 days Some media for student only
|Reference & Periodicals
||Not available for checkout
|Videos and DVDs
||Not available for checkout
Items may be renewed once. Curriculum material must
be renewed in person. Renewals for other items may be placed in person or by telephone.
Although there are no general charges for overdue library materials, some collections, primarily multimedia items do have late fees. For those items, fines are assessed at 50¢ per day per item. A $5.00 (five dollar) processing fee is charged per item for late returns over 42 days.
If you owe a library fine or fee, a registration block will be placed against your student record in the registrar's office. This block will prevent you from registering until the block is cleared.
Fines may be paid in cash, check, or credit card. Credit card charges have a $3.00 minimum and may be paid in person or by phone
Commputers at the VC/UHV Library are provided for academic use and research.
Area residents are allotted 1 hour sessions on library public computers. Time may be extended an additional 30 minutes by asking a librarian. Exceptions may be granted on an individual basis at the discretion of the librarian.
- Enrolled students, faculty, and staff have first priority for use.
- A valid VC/UHV Library card is required for computer use.
- Games and “adult entertainment” are not permitted.
- Only library-provided software may be used on the computers.
- Download and installation of other programs is not permitted.
- Copyright laws must be observed.
- The VC/UHV Library is not responsible for damage done to users´ flash drives, discs, or data resulting from any malfunction of library hardware or software.
- Time limits are enforced to assure the best possible sharing of our systems and to provide priority use for our students.
Misuse of computers or other equipment, as well as disregard of any of the above may result in loss of privileges.
Wireless Internet Access
is available on all four floors of the library
Printing from Library computer workstations is to a central networked printer located at the Circulation Desk. Color printouts are available for school-related needs only and must be done by library staff. Inquire at the Reference Desk for assistance. Requests for special papers cannot be honored. Charges for printing from computer workstations are:
- 10¢ (ten cents) per page
- Color printouts 50¢ (fifty cents) per page
Photocopy machines are available as self-service on the second floor of the Main Library. Photocopy charges are 10¢ (ten cents) per page.
Telefax services are available at $1.00 (one dollar) per page. If applicable, a $2.00 long-distance access fee is also charged.
Interlibrary loan service is available to area residents and businesses for a per transaction fee of $5.00 (five dollars) plus any charges assessed by the lending library.
Conference rooms are available to area residents and are widely used by tutors and small organizations. Group Study Rooms seat up to twelve (12) people.
You may reserve a Group Study room on a non-continual basis at the Library's Media Center Desk (570-4199) or online at http://libcal.uhv.edu/booking/studyrooms
. Study rooms may be reserved up to 48 hours in advance. Please note that rooms may be checked out for two hours at a time.
The Library Lecture Hall (Room L-2) seats approximately 75 (seventy-five) and is available on a limited, non-continual basis to governmental agencies and non-profit organizations. Campus events and organizations are, of course, our first priority. You may schedule this room at the Library's Main Circulation Desk (570-4177).
Keys to all study rooms must be checked out at the Media Center desk. The Lecture Hall key can be obtained at the 1st floor Circulation Desk. You must have a current VC/UHV Library Card to use a Group Study Room or the Lecture Hall.
VC/UHV Library librarians can provide services as test proctors for those taking correspondence courses. You must make arrangements with one of our librarians to have a test proctored prior to having your test sent to use. Contact our Head of Reference and Access Services Librarian, Lori Williamson
at (361-570-4161) for more information.
The VC/UHV Library Reference Desk is staffed by a professional librarian at all hours the library is open. We are pleased to offer the expertise of our reference staff to area residents with information needs.