Greg Garcia is Circulation Supervisor.
His phone number is 570-4162. Click here to send an email to Greg Garcia
Summary of Borrowing Privileges for VC and UHV Students
- Books from Main collection, U.S. & Texas Documents, and Juvenile books - an unlimited amount may be checked out for 2 weeks with renewals allowed. Some books are 7-day items and some documents are "library use only."
- Reference books and Magazines do not circulate.
- Reserve items are checked out or "library use only" by instructor's request. Some are checkout for 1 day, 3 days, or 1 week. A maximum of 3 reserve items may be checked out at one time.
- AV materials circulate depending on their format. Some materials are "library use only."
- Curriculum materials are shelved in the Media Library. A maximum of 3 items may be checked out for 2 weeks with no renewals.
When material is overdue, your library record will be blocked and you will be unable to check out other material until you clear your record. Materials which are long overdue will be declared lost. The price of the material and a $5 per item fine will be charged to your record. You will not be able to obtain your grades or a transcript until your record is clear. You may clear your record by paying the fine and paying for or returning the material.
Summary of Borrowing Privileges for Non-Students
The VC/UHV Library is happy to extend to you, as an area resident, the use of our library. You may use any of our materials or public computers here in the Library. If you obtain a library card, which is free, for the first thirty days that you have your card, you may check out only one item at a time. After thirty days, you may check out up to three items at one time. Any of the circulating materials are available for your check-out. Non-student borrowers cannot put holds on books that are checked out by someone else. In order that our relationship may be long and mutually beneficial, we ask that you:
Getting a Borrower's Card
To obtain a VC/UHV Library borrower's card:
- You must present a valid Texas driver´s license or Texas State issued ID card with a current address that falls within the Victoria College or University of Houston-Victoria service areas.
- High school students may be issued a card if they present a valid Texas driver's license or Texas state issued ID with an address in our service area; or a current high school ID card. High school students may also be issued a library card by presenting a letter from their high school stating they are currently enrolled.
- There is a replacement fee of $3.00 for a lost borrower's card.
- We do not issue borrower's card to children below the ninth grade.
- Apply for your borrower's card at the Main Library Circulation desk.